Judith Hurwitz, CEO
Robin Bloor, Partner
Sponsored by IBM
A Customer Survey with Case Studies
The nature of applications development and deployment is changing dramatically. The change is being driven by:
• The escalating complexity of corporate software development environments, both for building new applications and maintaining legacy applications.
• The organization of software development using geographically disparate and, often, global development teams.
• The growth in importance of the Internet as an infrastructure platform for customer facing applications.
• The emergence of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), resulting in the creation of virtual applications composed of business services that are linked together.
• The pressures for compliance from internal and external sources that have placed greater accountability on development teams to prove that their applications are built using reliable and secure practices.