Author: Judith Hurwitz
Sponsored by WaveMaker
WaveMaker Studio is a drag and drop development tool that runs in a browser. WaveMaker enables anyone to build web applications without complex coding. WaveMaker Studio is actually built with its own tools. This makes it easy for ISVs to embed the studio into any WaveMaker application.
One ISV who has seen these benefits is KANA Software. KANA Software is a leading service management ISV with over 600 companies worldwide deploying its product, including more than half of the world’s largest 100 companies.
KANA wanted to give its customers a way to quickly and easily tailor the KANA applications to fit their particular business processes. KANA turned to WaveMaker to significantly reduce the time required to configure and customize typical call center applications.
By integrating WaveMaker directly into KANA, the service management ISV will achieve a powerful competitive advantage. According to KANA’s analysis, the results will be impressive. WaveMaker will be able to achieve the following benefits for KANA’s customers:
- Reduce the cost to configure the UI for a typical customer service solution by 75%, from $100,000 to $25,000
- Reduce the time required to implement business process changes from weeks down to hours
- Enable business managers and process owners to customize the software themselves without requiring expensive and specialized technical experts
- Allow IT to step back from the software customization process to focus on other business innovation
- Make it possible to respond to changing business situations in minutes or hours rather than days or weeks
- Reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of the product by greatly reducing customization costs
- Ensure a stable, flexible, standards-based dynamic platform for the software product